Third Eye Theatre Ensemble presents quality productions of new or seldom performed operatic works that inspire conversation while advocating for human rights and social justice.
As part of our mission, every year we choose one non-profit organization to partner with. We donate $1 of each ticket sold to the organization and we help raise awareness for the organization.
At Third Eye, we strive to:
• Dig deep into the story of our presented works and bring their relevancy to our community
• Engage our audiences in brave and difficult conversations regarding the relevant social issues our work discusses
• Provide intimate and accessible performances for our
• Provide honest and fervent collaboration with our artists
• Provide worthwhile and fulfilling performance opportunities to Chicago's emerging artists
• Present well developed and high quality artistic endeavors
• Provide a safe and healthy working environment to our artists and collaborators
• Showcase the intimate and engaging possibilities of new or
seldom performed operatic works
Why Third Eye?
The Third Eye is believed to be the source of spiritual truth and insight. It provides perception beyond ordinary sight. In Hinduism and Buddhism, the third eye is a symbol of enlightenment. It is often associated with imagination and creativity. It consists of all the senses and mind working together as a larger more powerful sensory organ. It opens up our senses to patterns around us, and allows us to make connections and answer questions. The world of music, theater, and all of the arts is one of infinite imagination and creativity. Our goal as artists is to reach our audience in a manner that connects with them and speaks truth to them. In order to do so, we need to find patterns and make connections in ways that an audience will understand. This can often be a very spiritual experience. Hence we named our company to represent all of these facets which connect the Third Eye and the world of live theater.